Cloud DVR. 4K HDR. Person profiles. Downloads for offline viewing.
These options are all coming to DirecTV Now quickly. After they arrive, the stay TV streaming service, owned by AT&T, will probably be among the many most feature-rich methods to.
The service, which begins at $35 per thirty days, competes immediately towards cable and satellite tv for pc TV, in addition to comparable Web-based stay TV suppliers like, , and . In our evaluations we lauded its for the value, however mentioned it actually wants a cloud DVR to assist it compete.
This is what’s in retailer:
- Cloud DVR: The flexibility to document reveals to the cloud for viewing later will roll out beginning this summer season in a beta for “invited” subscribers. It is going to be accessible to everybody within the fall and can embody the power to pause stay TV.
- New interface: AT&T is looking it a “next-generation platform” that can ultimately make its technique to DirecTV’s satellite tv for pc service and AT&T’s Uverse.
- Parental controls: They will additionally arrive within the fall replace.
- 4K HDR video: DirecTV Now’s the primary such service to vow 4K decision and excessive dynamic vary video, very like Netflix and Amazon supply now.
- Person profiles: Very like PlayStation Vue and Hulu (in addition to Netflix) supply already, this function lets completely different members of the family get personalized lists of recorded reveals and suggestions.
- Obtain and go: This is able to be one other first for a TV streaming service: the power to obtain reveals to observe offline, with out an web connection, on telephones and tablets. See additionally: Netflix and Amazon.
We’re wanting ahead to trying out the updates.